Monday, June 3, 2013

Trusting the Optimize fo Battle Bonus Button

Don't Forget!
Unrelated to this post, just didn't want anyone to forget!
So I did some testing today after noticing that the "Optimize for Battle Bonus" equipped my Fire Weapon & Ability as Main instead of the Bonus Weapon & Ability. Note: I ramble and it may not make sense. Short conclusion is that the "Optimize for Battle Bonus" will pick whatever will give you the highest total damage dealt.

Here are the results:

Stats as Level 8 Sword Saint: 862831 Atk / 849662 Def
Stats as Level 20 Dragoon: 862750 Atk /841857 Def (Daily Bonus Job)

Target: Lv 30 Carbuncle, Weakness to Fire

Today's Bonus: INT & Katana

During the 'testing' I swapped the Main ability and weapon with whatever was already equipped so that my Atk&Def would not change. After I switched jobs I swapped some weapons/abilites to get my overall attack down to 862k since it had gone up due to my dragoon's higher level granting more bonuses.


It seems that the Fire equips did do more dmg so the optimize button is picking the best gear for overall dmg. Be awesome if tomorrow the bonus is gun and STR, then I can collect more data.

Of course most of this wont matter too much during events. This was just a bit of an exercise to see the difference elementals can make. Not that this is a good sample, since I didn't repeat attacks multiple times with each variable set. It's hard getting an attack in on a full health Carbuncle!


The amount of contribution points you recieve is 8.3% of dmg done (or 16.7% when double points are in effect)

Edit: Day 2
Right now I'm a level 5 Blacksmith(not the daily bonus) and the game chose to optimize my gear with the fire skill and the bonus weapon, which is musical instruments today. My atk is 845k and I did 1027622 total damage. The harp is my second strongest weapon. Seems another variable that affects total damage dealt is the strength of the 'main' equipments. Later I'll have to do a test of equipping 9 strong & 1 weak ability& weapon when swapping the main strong with the weaks to see how damage is affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment