Saturday, January 19, 2013

Farming Revisited

What are your goals?

Ability Scrolls
-Trade CP
-Defeat Golem or Sandworms
-Get lucky with Silver Treasure CP trades
-Get lucky with Treasure Chests from Mog Box
-Enhance things with N/N+ Abilities or Scrolls if lacking Scrolls

Weapon Scrolls
-Trade CP
-Get 3x Weapon Scrolls when Typhon is defeated.
-Get lucky with Treasure Chests from Mog Box
-Get lucky with Silver Treasure CP trades


CP
-Fighting Brigade Battles, Typhon, Golem, and Sandworm all award CP
--Seriously, it's not necessary to concentrate on Typhoon for CP. I, for one, get more CP from the Esper than I do from Typhon.

Magicite
-Depends on how fast Typhoon is dying. All out attacks will award 3 sets of 3 (unless you kill it when it has like no hp left, then you get 2 sets of 3 regardless of the all out attack.) I alternate between 1BP and 3BP attacks. Though on really slow battles I regen 3BP in time for a new Typhoon.

Gil
-Autosell N/N+ Abilities when questing
-Autosell N/N+/R Weapons from Mogbox

-Sell any weapons that have a leveling rate of 'fast'. They aren't worth leveling.
-Sell what you never plan to use.
-Sell crystals from last event if you aren't gonna use them. I pretty sure no other event reuses them (but dont blame me if I'm wrong). And I doubt the event will rerun anytime soon either given all the other Japanese events we have yet to experience. Up to you.

I'm scouring the web for event data (テュポーン&デスゲイズ). I'm pretty sure part 2 has to do with Deathgaze. Especially since the Typhon death count used to say Deathgaze. I got a lot of data organized & translated/localized though I'm not sure what order abilities released.

3 comments:

  1. I feel somewhat conflicted about sharing information on the event, after seeing how competitive the last event was in terms of CP (I barely managed to get exactly rank 100 like seconds before deadline on Chaos Bahamut...) That being said its really not all that hard to find. XD

    The 2nd 'half' (which is also split into 2 parts) will indeed involve Deathgaze and will be similar to the Chaos Bahamut event in that CP totals will be ranked along with the midpoint and endpoint separate reward tallies. There will be new quest event areas similar to the 4 temporary areas we had during Bahamut event.

    If you want a comparison, this vs Typhon event is like the equivalent to the vs Atlas event we had near game start when new event abilities like Pain and Wound weren't released just yet and the platinum chests only gave out Fossil Flames, Starseekers, Romulus & Remus, and Sagitarrius. Then remember a few days after that event ended we started the vs Chaos Bahamut event with CP ranking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was how I was on the last event I shared some data on the blog, but I gave my party access to all the numbers I collected, then to my brigade each week.

      Since I don't particularly intend to go for the top for this event, I'm being a tad more open about the data. More or less because I'm in a decent mood and I wanna show off all my work :P

      Delete
    2. Heh I've yet to join the same brigade as you and I think I may have played against a brigade of yours once but not quite sure.

      Not sure how much of the stuff I say isn't already known to you, but I did find your blog from looking for that method to make gil, so maybe I'm just returning the favor~

      Delete