Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Final Fantasy Special Event Game Plan

The Final Fantasy Special Event a.k.a. the 25th anniversary event, is quite complex compared the previous ones, isn't it? Hopefully everyone has gotten the hang of it by now.

Anyways the point I like to bring up is that it is probably best to do as many 1bp attacks as possible so you can get alot of the exp books. Leveling the FF characters from the moogle saloon is very important to get SSR weapons later which are stronger than the rank prizes. (Yet they may not be super important given how there is always events going on where everyone switches to bonus event gear anyways.) CP is still important so you can be strong in your battles against Chaos for more exp books. Skip the crystal chest, it's not guaranteed that a crystal weapon will drop, go for the platinums to make max limit boosted SR weapons. If you have alot of crystals, transmutions will be easy to do to increase your str & def. You might not even need to fully limit boosted weapons if you have a lot of crystals.

Good luck everyone!

Posted via mobile

4 comments:

  1. I made a fairly in-depth post at GameFAQs. I'd appreciate you taking a look at it:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/692217-final-fantasy-airborne-brigade/65755828

    Can reply there or msg me (jhubsch@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the CP cost effective path to increase atk/def, I still think platinum chests to make multiple lvl 200 SR weapons is the way to go. I don't know what stats would be best suited in this event since I'm not concentrating too much on getting CP. But otherwise the advice from the other posters is pretty sound with one exception. I'm suprised how no one talked more about abilities. Unfortunately Red Chocobos are pretty stingy so getting event abilities is hard. If you happen to get even just an R type, transmuted it to SR (or SR+) if you have the gems for it. There isn't a need to limit boost skills unless you amass a bunch of them. The event multiplier will help increase your stats greatly. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reply!

    I've got a couple of Lv 200 Blood Lances... are you suggesting I wait until I have 5 of them (or the Master Fist), then transmute each to an SR+ version and then combine and max it out?

    Stupid low DEF! Dying so quickly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short answer: I find it best to keep them SR during the duration of the event unless you are able to make more SR weapons to replace what gets used to make a SR+.

      Long: Usually for events I have just 10 Lv 200 SR gear. This event I have equipped a Lv 100 SR Crystal Sword, Bow, & Gun, 2 Lv 200 SR Blood Lances and 5 Lv 200 SR Fists. I won't be making a Lv 240 SR+ Master Fist until after I have event bonus weapons to fill in the 4 spots that will be left open after transmuting the SR Fists otherwise my ATK/DEF will drop more than what I would gain with the SR+ & 4 non event weapons.

      By the numbers on the Datasheets I posted, you can make atleast a Lv 180 SR+ Fist and it will be stronger than Lv 200 SR Fist. So after you have 10 EVENT weapons, you would only need 2 extra SR Fists to transmute and 1 equipped SR Fist to make a stronger weapon than a single Lv 200 SR Fist. Any extra fists you make after can go into eventually completing a Lv 240SR+ Fist.

      If you have a lot of gems, you can conserve CP spending by limit boosting by 3 instead of 4.

      As for my event abilities, I transmuted 3 R Howling Moons into 3 SR Earth Raves and it really made a difference to my stats. I should transmute them to SR+ though but I'm holding off on using too many Green gems at the moment.

      Delete