Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Operation Jenova Part 1

Part 1 Duration: 2/27 Wed 07:00 pm PT - 3/4(Mon) 09:59 pm PT

Event seems buggy. Weapons and abilities from the Calamity From the Skies doesn't seem to have 3x bonus despite it saying somewhere that they would. Way to FAIL, DeNA.

Operation Jenova is a bit more complex than previous events. Read the Event Details page. Seriously. It even says (Please Read!) on the Event page. Read everything really. And do the quiz!
So Jenova-LIFE is still a boss. Defeating it gets more summon scrolls and a card key to access a mako reactor.

There are 3 mako reactors. They need to be 'quested' until progess is 100% for each one. In each, chocobos have a preference on what type of ability they will drop.

Jenova-DEATH battle can be triggered after each reactor has been completed by you and members of your brigade.

Somewhere it says that there is a higher SR drop rate when the group of 8 chocobos each drop an ability. Carrot supplies will certainly dry up quickly when used up 8 at a time.

Word going around is that Sephiroth is popping up in battle and killing players. This gonna affect how much damage you will be able to do overall if you or an ally dies. I haven't seen it yet but now I am looking out for it.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a bug. The event bonus page doesn't mention it and the actual items don't have the text underneath. This was a deliberate move.

    The player who did his research and prepared ended up being worse off than the player who did not prepare at all. This really killed my interest in the game. Spent a lot of time and resources maxing 5 Rising Suns to get an edge for the actual event, and the fruit of that labor is a relatively weak 20k SR+ Rising Sun (and even weaker SR+ megaphone).

    Do you have any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I screencap all forms of event pages to I can read them later, but I can't find my images from the "Calamity From the Skies". Im really peeved about it. I could have sworn it said that weapons and abilities would have have bonus effects into the next event. Unfortunately I can't prove it now. Or maybe I just think they do because that was how it worked in the FFXIII-2 & FFIV events.

      I think having a 20k SR+ Rising Sun isn't so bad. It would be my 6th strongest weapon I think, after Radiant Lance SR+ @ 21k and before Mog's Clock SR+ @ 16k

      SR+ Megaphone will be handy during non events if it is your only strong musical instrument and you need it for daily bonus against esper and fiends.

      Delete
  2. I've had Sephiroth attack me twice while fighting Jenova-DEATH. Both times have been while using a Turbo Ether, but that may be coincidence. The best part of this, however, is that both times it's happened, the next screen has Moogle with text saying that Sephiroth is out to get us, but he is going to help us by recharging 'an equipped summon' and restoring your BP. Both times its happened, ALL of my equipped summons have been fully recharged, so its actually a great thing to have happen. I'll try and snap some screenshots of it if it happens again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are the screenshots, if you're interested. Moogle text: http://d.pr/i/iI9u and recharged summons: http://d.pr/i/t0sh

      Delete